Installing a modular kitchen is surely going to elevate the standard of your house manifold times. But just installing the kitchen will not do. It is also important to ensure that the place is maintained well so that the appeal of the same remains like new for long time.
Many people think that professional help is required for maintenance of a modular kitchen. But it is not so. You can carry out the maintenance job by yourself. Here are some effective tips that will help in maintaining your modular kitchen in the best manner without any hassles:
- Keep the kitchen clean. And that means the floor, the tiles, the sink and every aspect of the kitchen. Use a soft cloth and mild cleansing agent to keep the place clean. Using a safe disinfectant spray is highly recommended so that surfaces like countertops, kitchen island tops etc remain clean and hygienic.
- The sink in the kitchen needs special maintenance. The maintenance process will depend on the material with which the sink is made. If it is made of steel, avoid using metallic scrubbers for cleaning as these might lead to scratching. Instead use soft scrubbing pads made of nylon with mild detergents. Also do not use cleansing products that contain chloride in them as there are chances of corrosion from the same. For porcelain sinks, using vinegar works really well.
- If you have a dishwasher in your kitchen, it is recommended to wash the dishes once with plain water before putting them in the device. This will avoid any kind of food particles getting stuck in the dishwasher.
- As per professional kitchen design tips, it is recommended to ensure regular maintenance of various kinds of kitchen cabinets and other storage options in the modular kitchen. The cabinets can be made from various kinds of materials including steel, wood, laminate, fiber, glass etc. Each material will have separate cleaning techniques and that needs to be followed.
- Cleaning the hob is very important. Since food is cooked on the hob, there are chances that food particles fall on the burner or in the areas surrounding it. If possible clean the hob every day after cooking so that the place remains clean. Sometimes the food particles make stubborn stains on the surface if they are not cleaned immediately.
- The refrigerator in the modular kitchen takes quite a lot of pressure. You tend to put anything and everything inside it – right from fruits, vegetables to processed foods etc. Give the fridge some breathing space by cleaning it at least once a week in warm soap water. Use a soft cloth and a mild detergent for the cleaning. This also helps in getting rid of various kinds of unpleasant odors in the fridge.
Having a modular kitchen in your house will save your space and make your house look beautiful.
- The backsplash of the modular kitchen has to endure lots of things. This is the place in the kitchen that accumulates steam, grease, dust, sticky oil etc. Make sure to clean the backsplash thoroughly every alternate day so that it remains in sparkling condition all throughout.
With these maintenance tips, you modular kitchen will look new forever, like the ones in modular kitchen photos from branded companies.