Patios are comfortable areas adjoining your home that make a great place to enjoy the sun while having a family breakfast, or a nice dinner area or just a place to lounge out in the open. It is essential, therefore, to install a patio cover in order to protect the furniture and also yourself just in case the weather decides to be unruly. An aluminum patio cover may just be what you are looking for.
When choosing a patio cover, most of us think of three things:
1. Whether or not the patio cover will give us enough shade
2. Whether or not the cover will be able to protect your furniture
3. Whether or not they will be able to sustain bad weather.
While both wood and aluminum patio covers are able to fulfill are three things, aluminum patio covers are several times more advantageous than wood ones.
For starters aluminum is a metal and is more durable than wood. There is no danger of the patio cover being worn out or eaten by termites. Thus, it is very easy to maintain Moreover aluminum while being sturdy is also very light compared to wood or even steel patio cover making them very convenient to install. One can always buy a do it yourself aluminum kit and lay down the cover without any problems.
If you want variety in your patio covers than aluminum is also the best choice. Since they are the easiest material to make the covers with they can effortlessly be customized according to your needs ( even be made to look like wood be it be closed roof or open air.
You might think that with all its properties, aluminium patio covers would be very expensive. The truth though is they are actually considerably cheap compared to wood or other metallic patio covers. In addition to this they are eco-friendly as they do not require harmful chemicals and for the upkeep of how they look, and their waterproofing abilities. Environment friendly aluminium patio must be well researched though, since all brands are not equally so.
Aluminium patio covers come in three major styles:
- Flat Pan: These covers come with U-shaped panels. They are reasonably priced, and have clean and even ceiling surface.
- W Pan: They come in W shaped panels and is the quite suitable for people under budget restrains
- Insulated cover: Unlike other patio covers this version of aluminium covers is stronger and can even be walked on unlike the others. They are three inches thick and and can eaily have fans and lights fixed on them.
These covers are undoubtedly a better choice. Besides being great in all the above, the aluminum patio covers give your home’s a certain elegance and fit in both modern and classic homes. Even if you decide that you want a temporary rather than a permanent patio, an aluminum ones would still be the easiest and most comfortable choice.